Saturday, January 29, 2011

Busy Day

Rachel came home for the weekend yesterday.  Very nice to see her again. I miss having her around.

We continued to have babies all week.  No time to clean out the pens between mamas.  Today we started to clean the barn, but the moms just all started having kids.  We now have 6 possibly 9 bottle babies.  The last 3, mama had to be helped to deliver.  2 were breech and she was just too weak to push.  She had been in the pen for a week and wouldn't stand.  Hopefully she was just too heavy and now that she has had her babies maybe she'll get up and the babies will nurse.  In the end a few pens were cleaned out and fresh straw was put throughout.  When Brad came in there was another mom pushing.  One little tiny one is currently in the house so she can be fed every couple hours. We can only manage to get 1/2 - 1 oz in her at a time.  Hopefully we'll have a day or two of a break before a bunch more moms have a go.
Here's the little squirt of a bottle baby.

I managed to finish my Jan. and Feb. quilt blocks for my block of the month program and am now working on block 5 of another block of the month program.  I think things might be put on hold for a couple days though.  I do still have quite a bit of baking to do.  I managed to get some baking apples on sale for .99cents a bag.  I bought 2 bags, now I better do something with them.  I also have wanted to make Whipped Shortbread since before Christmas and still haven't done them.  Well I'm tired so that is all I'm writing about today..

1 comment: