Monday, January 17, 2011

Is Today the Day?

Is today the last full day of these kids?  Hmmm we'll have to see.  The weekend was sad goatwise.  We had 2 moms lose 5 babies.  Not good for the stats book.  I also lost a chicken.  I think it was from the kaos the other day.  The dogs were pretty pleased that I gave her to them though.   I was feeling a little blue down there this morning thinking about all these joyful little beasts prancing around like they haven't a care in the world, knowing that possibly they have less than a week to live.  Saddle didn't want her full bottle amount this morning either.  I'll have to keep an eye on her today.  It could be that she is starting to eat hay and just doesn't want as much from her bottle.  The poor nannie that lost her babies was baaaing this morning looking for them.  I sure was pretty glum.  Hopefully the day will pick up and maybe when I go down this afternoon some wonderful mama will have had 2 healthy strong babies.

Well Taylor shot his first prey.  Brad made him shoot a porcupine yesterday on their way back from getting grain. I asked Brad why he made him do it and his answer was it was on his side of the truck.  I think Taylor was quite excited about it, but he knows I don't like the shooting of things for no reason so he made it quite casual.

I managed to bring another table into my craft room, so I can now sew in there.  It's starting to look good--I wish the trim was on etc. and shelves were up, but hopefully it will come.  All I need now is my tv and a comfy chair, so when Brad is watching something I don't want to watch I can go into my room and watch a chickflick and stitch in comfort.  I may steal Rachel's chair.(ssshhh). I have a friend coming on Thurs. to visit and quilt here.  Her, the kids and the dogs are coming for 3 ish days.  I hope it turns out to be a nice visit.  She is going to help me start the backing on the quilts I have.

I guess that is it for now.  Maybe one day soon I'll figure out how to put pictures up..

No comments:

Post a Comment