Thursday, January 6, 2011

Same old stuff

Thurs. Jan. 6, 2010
My first attempt at a journal.. whew! 
We are coming into the home stretch with the sale of our 120 kids.  We received a deposit cheque yesterday and the man is coming next weekend to pick them up.  Finally there will be some space in the barn for the new moms and their babies.  I'm conflicted as to whether I wish to sell Curly though.. She is annoying, but extremely friendly and would be an asset to the herd. She loves attention. It would be nice if I could go down this afternoon and not find 2 or 3 with their heads stuck in the pagewire fence.  We're going on Day 3 now where someone has to get stuck in there.  They are also starting to enjoy getting stuck in the cage where the scale is to weigh them.  Maybe they are weight conscious and trying to keep fit.  The bottle babies are still enjoying their bottles even though the bottles are now diluted/mixed with powder formula.  Well I suppose the one with no name doesn't really like it.  I find the only way he likes to drink at all anymore is if he is held.  Talk about spoiled.  He will drink it diluted with 1 oz of formula whereas the girls drink it with 3 oz.  Hopefully they will start drinking water and eating hay soon.  But I suppose with 70 odd still pregnant goats the chances are high that we'll end up with more bottle babies.

Due to my assumed allergies/cold, I've had a headache for a couple days now so chores are not the funnest thing in the world to do.  But alas we must truck on.  Today is suppose to be grocery day and visit with mom day.  I really want to go, but my body is saying 'no' stay home and rest.  Christmas/New Year's really was a large handful this year.  Must be my age showing.

On the crafting end of things--I think if I go to mom's today we'll figure out some of the cards we wish to make.  We're attempting to make homemade cards for Christmas this year.  4/ month. I have also agreed to make 5 homemade gifts to send as a Pay it Forward.  I'll receive one in exchange for sending out five--hmm that doesn't seem fair. I'm also 'this' close to finishing a fall cross stitch picture that was started at least a year ago. Hopefully I can finish that today.  I also started a quilt block of the month on Tues.  We're actually doing 2 blocks each month.  I do have homework for that to do before Feb.  Plenty to do, no energy to do it.  I guess I better sign off for now until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment