Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's morning again

Well yesterday was kaos in the barn.  We couldn't feed grain--we were out--I think the goats rebelled.  All was fine in the morning, but man when we went down for afternoon chores.  All the older kids were in the chicken pen and had eaten all the grain there and dumped the water and probably gave all the chickens a near heart attack.  We fix that problem and give them some grain (we had just got some), moving on to the next room to the expecting moms and find that they had knocked the barrier over and trampled it in a winning attempt to get over to the hay and straw there.  They were climbing bales, stuck in pens etc.  I found one pen, with a new mom and her kids, full of other expecting moms.  It is still really cold here and I'm glad Brad is home.  He just finished feeding the horses a large round bale and hopefully will be plowing out the pathway to the barn and around the parking area.  I was informed on his way out that he needs some things from town so I'm to be ready to go today before all the stores close.  I don't know why I have to go with him on errands when he doesn't go grocery shopping with me.  Oh well.  It is a trip to town and I don't have to drive.  Maybe I can weasel a dinner out from him.

 Today is clean up the kitchen day.  I'm really bad with doing dishes and they are stacking up.  It is a shame that my boys really don't take the time to empty the dishwasher, but just pile dishes on the counter, then when it is empty not bother to look and still pile dishes on the counter.

I do need to start working on a Valentine's card for an exchange I signed up for.  Homemade Valentine.  Maybe I'll see some nice Valentine Materials in Walmart this afternoon when we go to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment