Friday, January 14, 2011

Will it Never End

Still snowing and blowing.  The shovelling and the truck tracks disappeared overnight. It was a huge hassle going to do chores this morning.  The horses were out of hay (round bales) so I had to trudge through 1.5 feet of snow to get over to them to feed them.  Then had to trudge through 1.5 feet of snow and drifts for about 1/4 mile to get to the barn to do regular chores.  I'm a little miffed because the guy that is coming to get the kids isn't coming until Tues. because the weather is bad.  I was ready to celebrate because today would be the last full day of chores including those kids.. now we have another 4 days..  ugh!  I'm glad at least Brad is home on the weekend and he gets to do most of them.  It is suppose to warm up considerably on Tues., but we'll see.

On the home front, got some baking done yesterday.  A big batch of raisin cookies, a small batch of chocolate chip (from a mix), small pan of brownies (also from mix)  and a loaf of Italian Herb bread to go with our roast that we had last night for supper.

Brad finally finished putting the door on my new craft room, hopefully the rest will get done soon.  I'm going to work on bringing my sturdy table from the old craft room to the new.  It will be difficult because it is full on top and underneath is full of boxes.  not sure how I'm going to manuvere that one.

Well off to have lunch now, then try and finish my book before afternoon chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment