Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another Day

The weather outside is frightful is all I can say.  Taylor and I had to get grain in -29°C weather, then feed it to animals that really didn't want to be outside at all.  That was yesterday.  Today was a little bit warmer only -26°C  I shouldn't really complain there hasn't been a wind to speak of in the last 2 days. 2 and a half more days until pickup hopefully.  I'll miss all the little smiling faces, but I'll appreciate the added room and the new little ones will enjoy more space for running and leaping.  I'm sure the new mom's will appreciate a bit of space from their running and leaping little ones.  2 of the older kids got themselves trapped in the weighing cage this morning.  I don't know how long they were in there, but imagine their surprise when getting in there, the door shutting them in. We watched the older kids playing "King of the Hill" yesterday also.  One black and white faced one was butting everyone else who came up to the top of the hay pile.  The quite enjoyed the huge piles of hardpacked snow that Brad built up trying to make a pathway for them from the barn to the feeding area.  One of the few times I could actually like having all the little beasts.  They are quite fun to watch.

Janice, my neighbour invited me to join her book club.  She accidently ordered the bookclub set of a book instead of the individual so she thought "what the heck" and called a few people to see if they'd be interested in joining.  The first book sounds quite interesting.  The Wife's Tale  by Lori Lansens.  So we had tea and talked a little bit.  I haven't been out for tea for a little while so although short it was nice.

I guess that is all for now.  Maybe life will be a little more exciting further on in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment