Friday, April 29, 2011

Here Comes the Rain Again

I haven't heard that song in a long while.  It sure applies to this week.  There is only suppose to be 2 sunny days in the next 10, ouch. This a little video I took of sounds before a rain storm.

Today I'm feeling rather glum with the gray sky.  I'm suppose to head to town to get groceries.  Do I feel like it?  NO!  Daughter's 2 and 3 and their friends will be here this weekend, also the 2 extra we already have here, so I guess we are going to need some vittles to feed them with.  At least Brad will have plenty of help cleaning out the barn tomorrow.  I'm heading to town tomorrow to volunteer my time with the Hanna Rummage Sale.  All proceeds go to the hospital auxillary.

Just came back from the barn.  All looks good down there.  The goats don't really want to go out today, too dreary.  Only a few die hards are actually at the feeders.  Even our bucks haven't ventured out yet. For two days now 2 little kids that were were bottling haven't been drinking from the feeder.  The milk is a little soured but not curdled., but their little bellies seem rounded and full, so I guess mom is producing more milk than she was and they are getting enough from her.  I think I'll make them each a fresh bottle tonight , just to make sure.  It is so hard to tell with some of the babies.  Some are just naturally long and lean.  I think it is time to start watering down the milk for the older bottle babies.  They should be getting weaned soon.  They are down to 2 feedings a day--oh the freedom when I don't have to bottle them anymore.  I can actually be away for the whole day.
I guess I'm off now to clean up and head to town.  Talking to mom this morning and she'd really like to see me today.  Aspirin here I come and maybe my headache will be gone when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment