Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Days Go On

Sad news again today.  B20:  A mama goat with a 3 month old died today.  She succombed to her injurys from her encounter with the hay feeder.  Along with our inexperience as vets.  Otherwise all seems to be going well at the barn.  Our 3 oldest bottle babies are weaned.  They don't know it yet and still come around at feeding time.  Hopefully by the end of this week they will 'get' it.  We have the 2 biggest bottle babies out of the toddler room and getting 2 feeds per day.  Also My Boy is still bottled.  Currently we have 2 moms in the nursery with their babies and 1 in the birthing pen.  B40 and her babies will be dealt with tonight and tomorrow they will go out into the common room.  Our newest B70 will be sent into the nursery.  We still have 5 in the pregnancy room but I'm pretty sure only 1 or 2 are actually pregnant.  We have a couple that are quite skinny and we're hoping that all our troubles are over and we can just grow these babies without any more incident and sell them.  Then we'll decide what we are going to do:  sell the herd totally, sell partially, or breed in 2 cycles.  What we have going now is too much work.

Easter was good.  We had dinner at mom's and the kids did an Easter Egg hunt.:


That was on Good Friday.  Sat we lazed around the house and just did the chores that really needed doing.  Sunday we went into the city and picked up the kids and went to Laura's for dinner.



There we were treated to a great meal and great company.  The youth outnumbered the older, but I guess that is the way.  Shelby even made us homemade ice-cream.  I have to get me one of those machines.
Then life went back to normal.  We got home late, did chores and went to bed.  Monday was just a day at home.

I haven't been crafting much.  I started my April block of the month, but haven't gotten very far.  I have all the materials to start another quilt and would like to.. boy this is addictive.  I put a few stitches in Justine and Eddie's wedding sampler, but I really don't think it will be done in time.  More likely an anniversary one.  I'm stuck on my flower of the month cross stitch due to lack of the proper threads.  That will be corrected on Friday when I go to town.

The wedding is moving ever forward, but my housecleaning is not.  I'm posting a link of a book I'd like to get to maybe help me.

31 Days to Clean

I guess I'll just have to be happy knowing that not too many people are staying at my house during the wedding time.
I think I'll close with that for now.  Laundry and dishes are calling..Not too loudly but calling just the same.

1 comment:

  1. My secret is to throw out (well not throw out since garbage is evil, but gift onwards) something every day, or week or whatever - it helps - and is so freeing! Soon you get down to what you really need and use and the rest is all gone - so much easier to keep clean :-)

    ReplyDelete