Sunday, April 3, 2011

Busy couple weeks

Hello again,
We've been fairly busy the last little bit.  My brother and his family came for almost a week and with that a visit from 2 uncles, an aunt and a cousin.  Also a trip to my mom's for a meal.  The snow has been making chores a disaster.  We've had blowing and drifting snow.  The drift in the alley at the goat pen was over 6 feet high.  We had to plow that out 3 times.  It took well over 2 hours each time.  The poor goats actually were trapped at their hay feeder one day because the snow drifted back in from 9 in the morning till 3 in the afternoon.  Most of that snowy area has melted substancially and things are looking very springy these last few days.   We've also really started to have our last set of babies.. about time.  We've had 8 moms deliver in the last couple weeks.  Only like 10 more to go or so..We are currently having a little bout of colds go through our babies.  We gave some medicine to several and we'll check throughout the week to make sure it isn't progressing.  Our bottle babies are now starting to go out for most of the day.  We let them drink a bit of milk in the morning then bring them out of their pen until about 3:30, then they go back in for the rest of the day and night.  Soon they'll be able to just stay out all day and only drink twice a day.

On the craft front...I've been working away at my monthly projects as well as my quilts.  Only 2 more blocks to go on my first block of the month, then I can try sewing it together.  I have class in 2 more days for my newer block of the month.  I also started knitting again.  I'm now making a halter top with cotton yarn (hopefully my child will like it) and I'm making a baby sweater set for my one day--hopefully -- grandchild--when those are done, I'd like to start a knitted dress for my other daughter.
I spent all day Sat. at a fundraiser craft day.  We just sat and visited and crafted all day.  I finally completed Justine's grad pages in her scrapbook.  Only a year late.  Maybe I'll be more with it for Rachel's.

I guess that is all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Please email me at golden-angel@cox.net you are a giveaway winner. You have until April 15th to respond.

    ReplyDelete