Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Fun

Some shower pictures for you.
 Eddie's mom, Danielle, Rachel, Justine, Jillian, Me

 The cake made by Heather Stern

 Missing 2 bridesmaids

The bow and ribbon hat, created by nana and grandma
  
Well the niece and nephew arrived with the mother in law and things are going okay.  Everyone is getting along with everyone else thus far.  I've had my other niece over for a few days and both girls are very energetic about doing chores with me.  They both love bottle feeding the baby goats.  We are down to 1.75 cups once a day now and hopefully by the weekend these ones will be done.  I have a hard time weaning them. Oh the latest orphan we had also has not needed the bottle.  As near as I can figure he has managed to find someone to allow him to nurse.  There is no way at his age of 3 weeks, now 4 , that he can be so full all the time from grass and water.  We had to force him to take the bottle at first, but now we don't even try.  We check his belly once a day and he always seems to be full.
     The older babies are all going to be taken to market on the 15th of August.  It will be hard to say goodbye to them.  Then we'll have a semi empty barn for about 8 months until all the babies start coming again.
    We did find the one remaining kitten of the 4 and found that yes, that dead kitten from the other post was indeed one of ours.  I'm hoping my brother will take the baby and possibly his older brother/dad.  That particular mom is pregnant again and that doesn't make me happy as she is such a tiny/weak cat.  I have to get these boys off my property.  I don't believe it is any neighbours male coming here.  One of our other outdoor cats is getting ready to pop anytime also.
     The chicks are getting very close to being butchered.  By looks we could do it now, but in reality we have another month and a bit.  I can't believe how big, how fast the broilers got.  Boy do they drink the water up.  Between all of them they drink a 5 gallon water bucket every day.

Well the wedding plans are almost done.  The only question I have at the moment is whether the caterer/owner is supplying munchies and beverages for the dance or not.  We aren't suppose to be bringing food into the facility, but I don't recall if they take care of that or not.  I'll ask Justine and if not, we'll have to pick that up.  I have to yet purchase pop and coolers.  There are no bar facilities so we have to have coolers full of ice.  I hope we can figure it all out.  So nerve wracking.  I don't think I was like this at my own wedding.  I'm going today to talk to a hair dresser and see what she can do and possibly have her do it today if she can.  My nails get done on Friday at noon.  I will pick my sister in law up from the airport and we head in to get them done.  She is also having some put on.  Fake ones I mean.

Crafting has been null since my company arrived, well I did manage to get a few stitches in one of my pieces.  I also managed to spend more money and had my niece pick out colours she liked for a future quilt.  I'll have to get on that one first thing this winter.  She's already expecting it in the mail.. lol..  It is going to be a rainy afternoon here I think, so maybe I can get something done somewhere regarding crafting.
Amanda and I never did find the yarn store, so that will be added to our next trip along with a GPS.

I'm presuming the next post will have some wedding pictures for you, so see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment