Saturday, July 16, 2011

Getting Closer

Closer to what?  The end?  I don't know, just seemed to be the right title for today.  We have another mom down and out at the barn.  I sure wish we knew what it was?  Brad thinks worms.. We really need to get them on a better worming system.  Unfortunately this is our last mom to have a baby which means if she doesn't pull through, and Brad suspects she'll be gone this morning, then we have a 3 week old bottle baby again.  Just when I was weaning the last 3 starting Tues.  Ugh!! anyone want to buy a bottle baby.  He is really cute.
In the house animal department, Alana has successfully had her kittens, which turned 3 weeks old on Wed.


Aren't they so adorable?  They are also up for grabs.  They will be litter trained indoors, but will probably have a strong mousing instinct.  It runs in their family.
We lost a kitten/cat the other day too.  We cannot determine if it was one of our latest outdoor kittens or a stranger cat.  However, we cannot find our remaining 2 outdoor kittens so chances are good that , that is who it was.  I'm not sure what happened to it, but I am trying to be able to say with some flippantcy "That's farm life".
Taylor and I accomplished our major task yesterday of mowing the yard.  It only took 7 hours spread into 2 days.  I push mowed part of the front and back yards and Taylor push mowed the rest.  I then used the riding mower for the rest of the yard.  We do have one more little strip along the driveway to finish and I'm hoping Taylor will get that done today.  It is hard dodging branches and birds, gophers, dog toys and mice.  But it is done.  Now at least it will look presentable for our company tomorrow.
This morning I awoke at 5:17am to Taylor's cat (who went out last night and wouldn't come back in) meowing to be let in, then magpies fighting over the dog food that was left in the dish.

They are huge loud birds for those reading that haven't heard of them.

Today is city day.  My sister in law and I are heading to the city for groceries and shopping.  Since I only have grocery money there isnt' going to be a lot of shopping happening, but she really hasn't been there so it will be an experience.  It will be a really great day for travelling anyway as long as it doesn't get too warm.--no air conditioning.  Brad and Kevin are heading to the gun show in town, so everyone will be happy, except the goats as their barn really needs cleaning.

Tomorrow is Justine's wedding shower.  It is very exciting.  2 weeks and 1 day until the wedding.  Hopefully I'll get some good pictures.
Well I guess that is it for now.  There are no new advances on the craft front other than Amanda and I are going to try to find a yarn shop in the city and try and pick a pattern to make this winter.  Hopefully in August at some point I'll have the drive to really get going on some projects..

Till next time,

1 comment:

  1. So glad you stopped by and commented so I could 'meet' you. I think it's so fun to meet new friends in blogland.

    Love the pics of all the animals!

    ReplyDelete