Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Losing Steam

Winter is upon us although it is still Autumn.  This week coming is suppose to be a week of snow.. Yuk.  I'm usually quite excited about the snow, but this year, I really wish we could be snowbirds and go south for the winter.

 My trip to Texas went well.  It was hot and muggy, but quite refreshing.  Anytime away is like that for me I think.  Change of scenery.  We saw the Japanese Tea Garden, the Riverwalk, the Alamo, Guiness Book of Records museum a bit of Houston and Hobby Lobby.  We went to the Women of Faith conference and otherwise, mostly stayed at the house and visited.

We're still awaiting on the arrival of the little grandbaby.  Here mama is at 37 weeks

Sorry it is a little dark.  I'm looking forward to finding out what it is  boy or girl.

I have managed to get up to Sept. done on our block of the month.  We may get through this quilt yet.. Trying to co-ordinate times is difficult.  I'm really trying to clean up the craft stuff I have in my room. I don't want to start any new quilts until the ones I have on the go are done.  I just have to finish up the binding on one and it will be done.  I have the outside border to finish on another then I can take it to be quilted.  I believe then I'll only have 6 or 7 to finish before I can start my son's and nephew's.  Busy busy.  I also have to finish up two sweaters that I started.  Hopefully before winter is over.

I'm starting to plan my Christmas baking and thinking about getting my Christmas cards ready.  The season is soon upon us.

The barn news lately isn't so good.  We have 3 mamas not long for this world.  The stupid Johnnes has now destroyed half our herd.  We have 4 little babies trying to hold their own, but we'll see if they make it through the winter.  They are quite small and not too strong.  They are separate from the rest to allow them full access to hay and grain without having to fight for it.  The desire to give up and not farm livestock is in the front of my brain.  Brad is taking a little more time to convince.  He has grand plans for the future.  On the up side, my hen who has not layed since early Oct. has now given me eggs 3 days in a row.  Woohoo.  I'm getting 9 a day now, so if you live in the near area and want eggs give me a shout.

Well that is all for now.  Hopefully my next post will have baby pictures of the human kind..

No comments:

Post a Comment